One in three Canadians will struggle with their mental health or a mental health challenge in their lifetime. But good mental health is within everyone’s reach with the right support. The Canadian Mental Health Association Nova Scotia Division [CMHA NS] delivers safe, inclusive evidence-based programs, training and navigation support that Nova Scotians need to be well and stay well. These programs are free to access and available to everyone living in Nova Scotia.
Now more than ever, our programs play a critical role in meeting the mental health needs of Nova Scotians.
Founded in 1918, the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) is the most established, most extensive community mental health organization in Canada. We are a federated charity, which means we are a collective of organizations bound together by a brand and mission.
CMHA Nova Scotia Division supports the resilience, recovery and well-being of people living with a mental illness and those experiencing mental health challenges across the province. Our programs are free to access and available to anyone living in Nova Scotia. At the community level our branches support the resilience and well-being of Nova Scotians through social programs, education and advocacy based on the needs of the community.
Together, we strive to create a better tomorrow—a tomorrow where all people impacted by mental illness can experience hope, recovery and wellness in a world free of stigma.
When you make a financial contribution to the Canadian Mental Health Association Nova Scotia Division you help us make that tomorrow a reality. You help ensure that no individual or family is alone on their mental health journey. You help provide a network of support and resources, both online and in communities across the province.
CMHA NS relies on contributions from supporters across the province to help us perform our critical work advocating, educating and spreading awareness. There are many ways you can support our work.
There’s a lot of uncertainty in the world right now, but one thing remains clear: people need access to mental health care and support. CMHA NS is here to ensure that no one is alone on their mental health journey.
There are many ways for you to donate.
- Donate: ONLINE via CanadaHelps
- Donate by Mail: To make a donation by mail, please send a cheque payable to Canadian Mental Health Association, Nova Scotia Division at Suite 201, 3-644 Portland Street, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, B2W 6C4. Donations made to CMHA NS Division will be used for the area of greatest need. You are always welcome to contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate by E-Transfer: To make a donation by e-transfer, send to NSDivision@novascotia.cmha.ca [If you would like to receive a receipt for your donation, please contact Shobha Gashus at email@example.com]
- Donate Monthly: Join CMHA NS Division’s support circle with a monthly donation to make a long-term impact. DONATE MONTHLY
While not everyone can give, anyone can fundraise. You can plan an event like bowling or a bake sale or concert, celebrate a milestone or holiday, remember a loved one’s legacy, undertake a physical challenge, or create a brand-new type of fundraiser that’s perfect for your unique skills or interests in support of CMHA NS.
- Plan a fundraiser: Planning an event is a great way to raise awareness and unite your community for a common cause.
- Celebrate a milestone, a birthday or holiday by supporting CMHA NS is lieu of gifts.
- Remember: Make a donation in the name of someone special to pay tribute to those you love.
- Take on a physical challenge: Support your physical health and your mental health by running, cycling, walking — whatever you enjoy doing to stay active.
- Join Ride Don’t Hide: Ride Don’t Hide is CMHA’s signature event, raising funds for programs and services to support people living with mental illness and those experiencing mental health challenges across the province. Ride Don’t Hide events are held annually in June across Canada. Create a team and join the movement!
If you’re not seeing an option that works for the fundraiser you are envisioning, email Erin Christie, Provincial Lead, Communications and Community Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help you figure out the best way to support CMHA NS with your unique idea!
Partner with Us: Join our Circle of Support
Our partners share our values and help us fulfill our mission while collectively increasing visibility and impact. As a trusted organization reaching deep into local communities throughout the country CMHA NS’s services, advocacy efforts and programs succeed in building a vital mental health movement to improve lives while having a lasting impact.
Become a Partner
Get your brand involved by becoming a corporate, foundation or community partner. By partnering with CMHA NS your organization will be aligned with the province’s largest grassroots mental health organization, and you will be helping CMHA NS raise funds and awareness to help us support the resilience, recovery and well-being of people living with a mental illness and those experiencing mental health challenges across the province.
Ready to join our Circle of Support?
Email Erin Christie, Provincial Lead, Communications and Community Engagement at email@example.com today!