Move More. Give Back. Feel Better.
The Canadian Mental Health Association Nova Scotia Division [CMHA NS] is proud to announce the return of Ride Don’t Hide.
Ride Don’t Hide is CMHA’s signature event, raising funds for programs and services to support people living with mental illness and those experiencing mental health challenges across the province.
Ride Don’t Hide is a virtual, choose-your-own-adventure challenge.
The cyclists cycle and the walkers walk. The runners run and the spinners spin. You can ride, walk, run, dance or do yoga – whatever you do to move for your mental health, for 330 minutes in June, and help support essential programs and services across Nova Scotia.
It’s free to register and open to anyone living in the province, so no one gets left out or left behind.
Each year, 1 in 4 Canadians experiences a mental illness or mental health issue, but 4 in 4 of us—that’s all of us—have mental health. And we all need to take care if it. Participating in Ride Don’t Hide gives everyone an opportunity to play a vital role in ensuring that more Nova Scotians have access to mental health programming and navigational support, free of cost, when and where they need it.
Register at www.ridedonthide/novascotia.com and bring your friends, family, coworkers and classmates along for their own rides.
Register as an Individual
- Pick an activity that excites you and register HERE
- Choose which region of Nova Scotia you want to Ride for: Halifax-Dartmouth, Colchester-East Hants or all communities [the area you select is where the funds your team raises will be directed]
- Choose your Ride. [Run, walk, do yoga – whatever you do to move for your mental health.]
- Select Ride as an Individual
- Set up your page, tell your story, add a photo, and go ahead and start raising funds.
Register a Team:
- Create your team of family and pick an activity that excites you and register HERE
- Choose which region of Nova Scotia you want to Ride for; Halifax-Dartmouth, Colchester-East Hants or all communities [the area you select is where the funds your team raises will be directed]
- Choose your Ride [Run, walk, do yoga – whatever you do to move for your mental health.]
- Select Create a Team
- Set up your team page [it’s easy, enter your team name, upload your logo and share your team’s story and some information about your organization if you want to!] and go ahead and start raising funds.
About CMHA NS
Education. Navigation. Advocacy.
The Canadian Mental Health Association Nova Scotia Division [CMHA NS] supports the resilience, recovery and well-being of people living with mental illness and those experiencing mental health challenges across the province.
The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) is the most established, most extensive community mental health organization in Canada. We are a federated charity, which means we are a collective of organizations bound together by a brand and mission. Together, we identify and respond to Canada’s most pressing mental health priorities. At the national level, we push for nationwide system and policy change. At the community level, millions of people in Canada rely on CMHA’s extensive grassroots presence.
- Programming: Programming and education in 36 communities across the province.
- Systems Change: At the division level, we advocate for mental health system change, educate, and influence societal beliefs and behaviours to create a climate of understanding and acceptance. Working with our allies and partners, we push for new systems, policies and practice that foster better mental health and well-being.
- Advocacy: And we advocate to improve the spaces, places and conditions that shape mental health.
Programs and services offered by Nova Scotia Division include:
- THRIVE Learning Centre for Mental Health and Well-Being
- Communities Addressing Suicide Together (CAST)
- Circle of Friends Peer Support Group
- Men’s Peer Support Group
- Mental Health Resources
- Mental Health in the Workplace Training
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)