On September 8, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. the Canadian Mental Health Association Nova Scotia Division, Roots of Hope, the Membertou Men’s Society and the Healthy Minds Cooperative presented Voices of Hope 2022, a virtual panel discussion that explored men’s mental health and suicide prevention. Voices of Hope is organized annually by CMHA NS Division in conjunction with World Suicide Prevention Day.
Our panelists included:
- Warren Kelsey, Community Navigator, Office of Workplace Mental Health Province of Nova Scotia
- Brad Rowe, Peer Navigator, Healthy Minds Cooperative
- Ryan Gould, President, Membertou First National Men’s Society
Learn more about each panelist here
Voices of Hope was moderated by Keith Anderson, Provincial Lead, CMHA NS Peer Support and Community Suicide Prevention.
View Voices of Hope HERE
** Please Note: This session may contain material that is sensitive in nature and could be upsetting for some viewers. Support was provided during the live session. If you need help, please know you are not alone. Help is available. **
If you or someone you know is in crisis and needs immediate assistance:
Call or Text:
- Provincial Mental Health Crisis Line: 1-888-429-8167 [toll-free]
- Mental Health Mobile Crisis Team: 1-902-429-8167
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 | Text CONNECT to 686868
- Emergency: 9-1-1 or go to the Emergency Department of the nearest hospital
- Talk Suicide Canada | Text 45645 | Call 1.833.456.4566.
- Trans Life Line | (877) 330- 6366 | www.translifeline.org.
- Eskasoni Crisis and Referral Center | 902-379-2099 | [Toll Free] 1-855-379-2099
Wellness Together Canada (Free, live counseling via phone or text, Website )
Phone: 1-866-585-0445 (Adults) |1-888-668-6810 (Youth) | Text: WELLNESS to 741741 (Adults) or 686868 (Youth) | Frontline Workers text: FRONTLINE to 741741
Affordable Therapy Network | www.affordabletherapynetwork.com
Bounceback is a free, guided self-help program that helps adults and youth 15+ learn to manage low mood, mild to moderate depression, anxiety, stress or worry. Through telephone coaching and skill-building workbooks, participants can learn ways to overcome their symptoms and improve their mental well-being. Learn more HERE
More resources are available on our Find Help page