This year’s conference theme is: Ahead by a Century: The shape of things to come.
We were ahead by a century 100 years ago when CMHA and community mental health first got their start. Now, the challenge is to get out in front of the next 100 years.
We’re headed for a century that prioritizes and promotes mental health. We’re heading upstream to the time before mental illness starts – and we’re preventing it.
We’re getting there through innovation. In particular, we are looking for your team’s innovative work in the following seven streams:
- Public Health’s Role in Mental Health Promotion and Mental Illness Prevention
- Embracing Diversity – Serving Diverse Populations
- Working with Indigenous Peoples to Support Mental Health
- Mentally Healthy Schools and Campuses
- The Science of Mental Health Promotion and Mental Illness Prevention
- Substance Use Disorders and Mental Health
- Mental Health in the Workplace
Let your creativity flow: in addition to innovative content, we are looking for inventive presentations, like solution labs, storyboards and innovation stations. You can find the Call for Abstracts attached, or you can download it here. Please note that abstracts must be submitted by April 9, 2018.
We look forward to receiving your trailblazing CMHA content!