Health and safety are more than just physical.
About: When we feel good, physically and mentally, we’re more likely to thrive at work. When we’re suffering, our work suffers. Companies with high levels of mental health awareness report less absenteeism, higher employee retention and a stronger workforce. Mental Health in the Workplace provides EMPLOYEES and EMPLOYERS with the tools and resources to successfully establish and maintain a healthy workplace.
PLEASE NOTE: This session is not a clinical training, but rather an opportunity to raise awareness about mental health and to the provide EMPLOYEES and EMPLOYERS with the tools and resources to successfully establish and maintain a healthy workplace.
- Understand of how mental health and illness can impact the workplace
- Increase awareness of the workplace as a social mental health support
- Discuss mental health with colleagues in a supportive way
- Strategies to promote mental health, in employees, and within the workplace
Why invest in your employees’ mental health?
Before the COVID-19 pandemic, one in five Canadians experience mental health problems, but today, approximately 50% of Canadians say their mental health has worsened due to COVID-19. We have learned, in the hardest way, that employee well-being is critical to a business’s success. Never has there been more urgency for organizations to champion mental health initiatives in their workplace.
- 70% of Canadian employees were concerned about the psychological health and safety of their workplace and reported that the primary cause of their mental health problem or illness, was workplace stress, with depression and anxiety being reported as the top two issues
- 66% of respondents reported that their workplace did not have any policies or programs to reduce stigma
- 75% reported that their workplace does not have an overall workplace mental health strategy to help them with their depression, stress, and anxiety at work.
Duration: 180 minutes (3 hrs)
Fee: $600 plus tax (non-profit rate available. Inquire within)
To register or request information please contact Elizabeth Baker, Education and Training Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org
Testimonials for Mental Health in the Workplace
“It was great to identify the unhealthy practices — and more importantly, discuss the good workplace habits that could benefit and create change. “
“I found the segment on Presenteeism really interesting. We know that if we go to work with a cold, our work might suffer that day, and we cut ourselves slack. But when we’re feeling down, we don’t. This gave me a lot to reflect on.”
“I really enjoyed the break out groups. It was eye-opening to learn people aren’t alone as they think they are. “
“It [this workshop] is so practical, for my own mental health, for staff, and everyone around us, it’s just good training that we can use everyday.”
- 5 Reasons Companies Should Promote good mental health in the workplace – Starling Minds
- Round 3 of national survey shows pandemic is taking an emotional toll
Download the Poster: MHITW
Meet the Facilitators:
Read Elizabeth’s Bio
Read Glenn’s Bio