One in four Nova Scotians will experience a mental illness in any given year. But four in four – all of us – have mental health. And we all need to take care of it.
With your help, CMHA NS is working to keep people mentally healthy in the first place. To act before mental illness, so that it doesn’t take hold. Our work is about keeping people out of crisis. It is about keeping people out of hospitals, both before mental illness can occur, and after a crisis has passed.
Want to get involved in this life-changing work? There are many ways to give!
Sponsor a Program
The Canadian Mental Health Association Nova Scotia Division supports the resilience, recovery and well-being of people living with a mental illness and those experiencing mental health challenges across the province. Our programs are designed to help all Nova Scotians develop the tools to live emotionally healthy lives based on the social determinants of health.
- Peer Support
- C.A.S.T [Communities Addressing Suicide Together]
- Project H.O.P.E. [Housing Outreach & Peer Empowerment]
- At-Work | Au Travail
- Changing Minds
If you’re interested in sponsoring a CMHA NS program there are a number of great ways to get involved. These initiatives strive to create tangible impact in our communities and help spread awareness of mental health in our province. Questions? Contact Erin Christie, Provincial Lead, Communications and Community Engagement by Email at email@example.com
Support Mental Health Training
Looking to support a specific region or group through one of our training programs? Sponsor a certification program, workshop, or service on a one-time, limited, or continuous basis. For example:
- Donate a year of ASIST programming
- Sponsor a Mental Health Health in the Workplace course
- Fund a THRIVE session
Learn more about our Mental Health Training
- Resilient Minds
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training [ASIST]
- Talk Today
- Mental Health in the Workplace
- Stress Management
- Community Suicide Awareness
- Rebuilding our Resilience
Contact Erin Christie, Provincial Lead, Communications and Community Engagement by Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how your company can best support mental health in our province.
Events you can Support
There are many ways for you to donate.
- Donate: ONLINE via CanadaHelps
- Donate by Mail: To make a donation by mail, please send a cheque payable to Canadian Mental Health Association, Nova Scotia Division at Suite 201, 3-644 Portland Street, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, B2W 6C4. Donations made to CMHA NS Division will be used for the area of greatest need. You are always welcome to contact us with any questions at email@example.com
- Donate by E-Transfer: To make a donation by e-transfer, send to NSDivision@novascotia.cmha.ca [If you would like to receive a receipt for your donation, please contact Shobha Gashus at firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Donate Monthly: Join CMHA NS Division’s support circle with a monthly donation to make a long-term impact. DONATE MONTHLY
- Give in Honour or in Memory: Make a donation in the name of someone special to pay tribute to those you love. DONATE IN MEMORY
Questions? Contact Erin Christie, Provincial Lead, Communications and Community Engagement by Email at email@example.com