On behalf of CMHA NS, we would like to thank everyone who participated in CMHA Mental Health Awareness Week. With the support of the province of Nova Scotia the week was a huge success!
CMHA NS had many opportunities to have enlightening discussions about mental health and promote positive mental health practices across the province.
- From organizations such as Phoenix Youth Shelter, Laing House, Rockingstone Heights Early Years Centre, SchoolsPlus programs, the YMCA and Forever Fit programs, SPCA NS, and the Hope Cottage soup kitchen, CMHA NS staff spoke with 200+ people in the community to bring awareness to CMHA Mental Health Awareness Week.
- CMHA NS staff also payed it forward and hosted a free introductory session of the Healthy Relationships Plus Program to community stakeholders in Cape Breton and Bridgewater. We look forward to the scale up and roll out of this amazing program across the province.
- CMHA NS awarded two winners of our Wellness Baskets for having shared their random act of Kindness with us on Social Media for our Pay It Forward / Kindness Day Social Media Campaign. Thanks again to everyone who participated and to all our sponsors who contributed to the Wellness Baskets.
- We also encouraged the province of Nova Scotia to take time out of their day to pay it forward. Many people around Nova Scotia brightened the day of others through random acts of kindness. We also encouraged the province to PLAY unplugged and step out of their regular routines and do something recreational and free of technology.
- CMHA NS’s Seniors Wellness Walk at Shubenacadie Canal was a great success and an opportunity to take a recreation wellness break, enjoy the outdoors, and meet the staff of CMHA NS division. We had a wonderful time sharing CMHA NS’s wellness tea cards and speaking with people at the canal.
- Many local public libraries, local schools, universities, and community groups around the province prepared their own initiatives to create awareness of mental health in their communities and we couldn’t be more grateful for their efforts!
- Finally, we hope you had the opportunity to swing by Jumping Beanin Bedford NS, Metro Deli, Bar, and Grill in Dartmouth NS, and Piatto Pizzeria + Enoteca in Halifax NS, to enjoy some delicious treats where kind donations were made to CMHA NS in light of CMHA Mental Health Awareness Week.