Get Ready for the 66th CMHA Mental Health Awareness Week.
Please join us and tell everyone to #GETLOUD from May 1st to May 7th,.
The 66th CMHA Mental Health Awareness Week will be louder than ever before. Get ready to lift up your mental health megaphone!
Let’s stop waiting and take control of our lives NOW!
The people we love – and the people we elect – need to hear that mental health is an essential part of health, and of health care. And we just can’t wait anymore.
About Mental Health Week
CMHA Mental Health Week was first introduced in 1951 to raise mental health awareness. It is now a Canadian tradition, offering practical ways to maintain and improve mental health and support recovery.
As Canada’s champion for mental health, CMHA delivers programs and services to over half a million Canadians every year.
There are many ways to add your voice.
- Hold your own fundraising event
- Host a free event supporting positive mental health and well-being
- Donate space, resources, skills, or items towards our raffle basket
- Monetary donation. To donate to CMHA NS Click Here.
Share your Mental Health Week event here.
CMHA NS Mental Health Awareness Events:
Join us as we proclaim May 1st-7th as CMHA’s Mental Health Awareness Week.
- Participate in our Pay it forward / Kindness Day. CMHA NS will be out and about in Nova Scotia carrying out kind gestures. Staff and volunteers want to put a smile on the face of everyone we meet that day. By performing our own acts of kindness, we hope to inspire others to be kind.
- On Wednesday May 3rd 2017, share a picture of a random act of kindness that you’ve done and tag us on Social Media. Include the hashtags #getloud and #nsCMHA to be entered to win a draw for one of our Wellness baskets!
- Join us for a Seniors Wellness Walk May 4th from 10:30am – 11:30am at the Shubenacadie Canal to enjoy the outdoors and meet the staff of CMHA Nova Scotia division.
- Meeting address: Shubie Park Campground 30 John Brenton Dr, Dartmouth, NS, Canada
- Visit your local libraries for resources on Mental Health.
- Support your local schools, universities, and community groups as they prepare their own initiatives to create awareness of mental health in their communities.
- Swing by Jumping Bean in Bedford, NS to enjoy a delicious brew with a friend. A point of sale donation to CMHA NS would be greatly appreciated!
- Piatto Pizza will give 10% of sales of the Pizza of the Week (POW) May 3rd – 9th for CMHA Mental Health Awareness Week.
The longer we wait for health care, the worse our health becomes; this holds true for mental health problems and illnesses as much as for physical illness. So let’s take control of our lives NOW!
Thank you to our many wonderful contributors:
Piatto Pizza – For more information click here
Jumping Bean – For more information click here
Rio Pilates & Yoga Studio – For more information click here
Nerds On Site – For more information click here
GoodLife Fitness – For more information click here
Bandha Bar – For more information click here
Liquid Gold Olive Oils and Vinegars – For more information click here
The Cultured Coconut – For more information click here
South End Florist – For more information click here
View our current events here.
For more information, contact Alexandra Walling, Engagement and Awareness Coordinator